Danish for beginners - online course
Beginner 1 is an online Danish course for beginners who know nothing or very little about the Danish language.
The course is perfect for those who want to learn Danish from scratch, regardless of whether you already live in Denmark or want to prepare to learn the language before you arrive in Denmark. The course roughly corresponds to level A1 in the Common European Framework Reference for Languages and is suitable for people who are used to learning and who understand English (Some courses offer both English and German as supported languages, and therefore, either German or English proficiency is required - learn more when you choose a course date.).
The beginner course is perfect for you who want to learn basic Danish quickly, and intensively - and because the course is online, you can take part in it without having to travel to a language school.
Learn basic Danish in just 24 lessons
This course consists of 24 online Danish lessons for beginners, all of which take place via Microsoft Teams. The lessons are spread over two weekly teaching days, with two lessons each for six weeks. Expect to dedicate 3-4 hours per week to homework.
There can be up to 12 participants in the beginner's course, and the teaching alternates between teacher presentations, conversations, and assignments in the classroom, as well as group and pair work in breakout rooms.
Our teachers are highly qualified language teachers, all specialized in helping foreigners master the Danish language. When you have completed the course you will have had a thorough introduction to the Danish language, and to the four basic disciplines of the language: listen, write, read and speak.
You will have learned how to introduce yourself in Danish and how to speak about your job, your family and your life in general, and you will have learned the Danish alphabet, numbers, days of the week and months etc.
This course is perfect for you if you want to:
- Learn Danish from scratch as a beginner
- Learn basic danish fast, intensively
- Take classes online on a digital platform
- Enjoy the advantages of highly-professional online study materials
- Study with a highly-qualified language instructor
- Get feedback on your progression
So if you want to learn Danish from scratch, A2B's Beginner 1 - an online Danish course for beginners - is the perfect solution for you!
Shortly before the start of the course, you will be sent the curriculum and log-in details for A2B's online learning platform, where you will also find links to the Microsoft Teams meetings where the teaching takes place.
You pay for the course upon registration. The registration is binding and is not possible to cancel. If you are prevented from participating, you can transfer your place to someone else by sending an email to email@example.com or calling 70 26 61 00 before starting.
Five tips for how to learn the Danish language fast
- Take classes - Either online Danish lessons, self-study classes, or organized language classes at, for example, A2B's language centers. When taking classes with trained and skilled teachers, you will get a fast and competent introduction to the Danish language and get the best start.
- Speak, speak, speak - Even though your Danish is not at all perfect – just speak. It is the best way to improve your Danish. Speak Danish whenever you get the chance - At the grocery store, in the cafe, or at the sports club. Even speaking a few words here and there improves your skills.
- Be curious - Look up Danish words and phrases that you do not understand in a dictionary and take notes of their meaning. You tend to remember things better when you also write them down.
- Watch Danish tv shows - If you can have access to watching, for example, the classic "Matador", you will get an introduction to Danish culture and history AND you will hear people pronounce Danish words and phrases slowly and thoroughly.
- Listen to Danish radio and podcasts and read Danish magazines - Get the sound of the Danish language in your ears and get used to reading Danish letters, words, and phrases.
Danish Beginner 1
Learn basic Danish fast with A2B's online teacher-led Danish course for beginners (A1). A high-level Online Danish Course with 24 lessons, two nights a week for six weeks, and 3-4 hours of homework per week. The course includes:
- 24 teacher-led online Danish lessons
- All teaching materials – access to the online A2B Learning Portal, homework, and feedback
- Max. 12 participants