Join Danish Classes at SDU
Fill out the form, and we will get back to you to arrange further.
Join our online self-study course
You will then receive a login for the free Danish self-study course within two working days
Free open Danish language courses at SDU | Learn Danish for FREE at SDU
The A2B Language Center holds Danish courses within The Certified Danish Education at SDU campus on Alsion 2 in Sønderborg. It couldn’t be any easier for you to start learning Danish in Sønderborg!
Please do not hesitate to contact our coordinator Sheila Becirovic for further details about future courses ranging from beginner and intermediate to advanced - we will always carry out an assessment test to ensure that you enrol in the right level.
We have several classes. To join, just fill out the form adjacent, or call us at 27 61 16 66 and we will guide you.
The classes are free-of-charge as tuition fees are paid by Sønderborg Kommune if you have a referral letter for The Official Danish Language Course issued by Sønderborg Kommune. All you are required to do is pay a deposit of 2,000 DKK to enrol at the school.
Five quick facts about learning Danish for FREE in Denmark
Do I have the right to free Danish lessons? How do I start at the language school? And can I learn Danish in the same Danish class with my friends? It is quite a jungle to figure out the rules about the right to free Danish lessons - we have tried to make it simple for you with these five facts:
- YOU CAN HAVE FREE LESSONS. If you have come to Denmark to study or work, you have the right to learn Danish at a language school (sprogskole or sprogcenter in Danish) - or for example take Danish lessons at the university campus or online. It is called the right to The Official Danish Language Course (or The Certified Danish Education - Danskuddannelsen).
- YOU NEED A REFERRAL. The Danish lessons are free provided you have a referral from your local municipality (kommune). If you have not received a referral in your e-Boks, you can contact the kommune to receive it.
- WE NEED TO PLACE YOU ON A SUITABLE LEVEL. The law about The Certified Danish Education (Danskuddannelsen) describes, that we as a language center are obliged to initially carry out an assessment test to ensure that you enrol in the right level. This means that we cannot automatically guarantee that you will be in the same class as your friend, as it depends on your level of education from your home country and on your language skills documented in our assessment test.
- YOU HAVE TO PAY A DEPOSIT. To ensure a commitment from internationals in Denmark to learning Danish and to make an effort in class, the Danish government has decided that before starting at the language center, you must pay a deposit of 2,000 DKK to the language center. The language center will provide you with further information about how to get your deposit refunded. You can pay here.
- WANT TO JOIN? WE WILL GUIDE YOU. To start Danish classes at SDU campus Sønderborg, simply fill out the form above or call us at 27 61 16 66 and we will guide you through the process. And within a few days, you will be ready to start classes.
A2B lessons at SDU Campus Sønderborg
Phone: 27 61 16 66
A2B language center Sønderborg
Grundtvigs Alle 163
Phone: 27 61 16 66