Learn danish online on this self-study course
With this basic Danish course, you can learn Danish at your own pace because it's a self-study course where you are your own teacher. You log in to our digital learning portal at the times that suit you best and go through the Danish lessons at the pace and in the order you prefer.
Each lesson consists of videos and audio files where you can listen to the Danish language and repeat words and phrases yourself. Additionally, there are accompanying texts where you can read words and sentences in Danish, along with explanations of word and sentence structure. In each lesson, there are exercises to test your knowledge. You can repeat lessons and exercises as many times as you need.
The advantage of taking your Danish lessons on this self-study course is that you can learn Danish at the times that suit you best. The goal of this self-study course is to teach you, among other things, Danish words and phrases related to:
- Introducing yourself in Danish
- The Danish alphabet and Danish numbers
- Working in Denmark
If you already have some knowledge of Danish and are looking for a more advanced course, you might consider our extended online Danish course, where you'll have access to even more Danish lessons.
Book and get started
The goal of the Online Danish Self-Study Course - Basic is for you to gain knowledge of basic Danish and be able to understand and say basic words and phrases yourself.
Sign up now and receive login access to the digital learning portal within two working days.
Then, for three months, you can learn Danish on a self-study course where you determine the pace and teaching times. And remember that you can go through all lessons and exercises as many times as you like and need.
The online self-study Danish courses are suitable for:
- Internationals on their way to Denmark (prearrival)
- Internationals that are in Denmark to work or study
- Persons with a medium to high level of educational background
Get a free preview of the course
Try A2B's Online Danish Self-Study Course - Basic for free - learn to introduce yourself in Danish and learn the Danish alphabet and numbers from 1 to 10.
How to start learning Danish? Go through the following five steps:
1. Watch the video with an introduction – find it here
2. Now try to introduce yourself in Danish. Watch Video 1 again, should you need inspiration. Say the words out loud:
- Jeg hedder ... (My name is ...)
- Jeg er ... (I am ...) Jeg bor i (I live in ...)
- Jeg er gift / Jeg er single (I am married / I am single)
- Min mand/kone hedder ... (My husband/wife is called ...)
3. Make this self-correcting task. Please accept all cookies to activate it.
4. Watch the video with the numbers from 0 to 10 and repeat them – find the video here
5. Watch the video with the alphabet and repeat it – find the video here
Online self-study Danish course basic
Buy 3 months' access to this basic online Danish course, which is 100% self-study. Ideal for pre-boarding before arriving in Denmark.
The course includes:
- 15 Danish lessons
- 11 lessons on Danish society, culture, and everyday life
- Opportunity to repeat all lessons as many times as you like