Our online beginner course
A2B offers an online Danish beginner’s course – Beginner 1 (Approximately equivalent to level A1 in the Common European Framework Reference for Languages). This course is the perfect way to learn basic beginner Danish in an ambitious online class. It is also suitable as a prearrival online Danish beginners course if you are on your way to Denmark and would like to learn Danish before arriving.
The course is a 100% online course consisting of 24 lessons, all of which take place online via Microsoft Teams. The lessons are spread out over two weekly sessions for six weeks. In addition, 3-4 hours of homework per week is expected.
There are up to 12 participants in the course, ensuring that you can learn the Danish language efficiently.
This course is suitable for people who understand English and who have at least 12 years of schooling such as a grammar/high school education or a higher education.
This course is perfect for you if you want to:
- Learn Danish from scratch as a beginner
- Learn fast, intensively, and at a high level
- Learn online on a digital platform
- Enjoy the advantages of highly-professional online study materials
- Study with a highly-qualified language instructor
- Get feedback on your progression
Have you not arrived in Denmark yet? No problem, you can use this course as a prearrival course.
The A2B Portal and teaching materials
A2B has developed all teaching material for this course, and they are all to find on the online A2B Learning Portal which you will have free access to from all devices. On the portal, you will find all the material and information about the course and all dates and appointments.
Shortly before the start of the course, you will be sent the curriculum and log-in details for A2B's online learning platform, where you will also find links to the Microsoft Teams meetings where the teaching takes place.
You pay for the course upon registration. The registration is binding and is not possible to cancel. If you are prevented from participating, you can transfer your place to someone else by sending an email to email@example.com or calling 70 26 61 00 before starting.
Five tips for how to learn the Danish language fast
- Take classes, either online Danish lessons, self-study classes, or organized language classes at, for example, A2B's language centers. When taking classes with trained and skilled teachers, you will get a fast and competent introduction to the Danish language and get the best start.
- Speak, speak, speak. Even though your Danish is not at all perfect – just speak. It is the best way to improve your Danish. At the grocery store, in the cafe, or at the sports club. Speak Danish whenever you get the chance. Even speaking a few words here and there improves your skills.
- Be curious. Look up Danish words and phrases that you do not understand in a dictionary and take notes of their meaning. You tend to remember things better when you also write them down.
- Watch Danish tv shows. If you can have access to watching, for example, the classic "Matador", you will get an introduction to Danish culture and history AND you will hear people pronounce Danish words and phrases slowly and thoroughly.
- Listen to Danish radio and podcasts and read Danish magazines. Get the sound of the Danish language in your ears and get used to reading Danish letters, words, and phrases.
Learn basic Danish fast with A2B's online teacher-led Danish course for beginners (A1). A high-level Online Danish Course with 24 lessons, two nights a week for six weeks, and 3-4 hours of homework per week. The course includes:
- 24 teacher-led online Danish lessons
- All teaching materials – access to the online A2B Learning Portal, homework, and feedback
- Max. 12 participants